What are Astral Energetics?
This is the first in a series of teleclasses that I am offering, which will explore working with the Astral world for modern day therapeutic healers. Once we can become aware of how the Astral world affects us (and our clients) we can then develop effective healing skills that can either reveal, or modify, the Astral influences upon them. This course is not about a “defense” against the Astral, or fear about the spirit world; it is about working with the Astral domain’s vitalizing impact upon the world, whilst also bringing our healthy participation to bear upon it.
Astral Energetics helps energy healers deal with spirit world intrusions (or support) offered from the spirit world. These skills bridge the two worlds of ritual magic and therapeutic energy healing. We will blend the roles of the psychic, the magician, and the therapist into a powerful way to assist our clients in their evolution.
If you are working with a spirit guide, or attending channeled sessions given by a medium, you are already interacting with the Astral world. Spirit communication – just like human contact skills – needs to be learned well. This class will highlight how we can perceive Astral influences (both positive and challenging) with the emphasis on developing effective Astral healing skills for use in our private practices. It will draw on the insights and knowledge of previous magicians and researchers, from Emanuel Swedenborg, the Theosophical teachers, writings from The Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, and especially the late Dr Stylianos Atteschlis (aka, “Daskalos”).
Embedded within this past knowledge lies the direction our modern approach to Astral energy healing can take now: where we seek not to force the world to conform to our will, but where we assist a client in coming to terms with the truth – their truth – of their soul evolution. It is this guiding principle – not to hijack the inner authority of the client while working with them – that is the golden rule of Astral Energetics. If we unconsciously or deliberately embed our own choices that override the client’s inner authority, then we fall into the darker side of ritual magic: manipulation, or sorcery. In order to avoid this easy mistake we must always engage in self-reflection and brutal self-honesty during our work with others. We must dedicate ourselves, as Daskalos often said, to being Researchers of Truth.
In this, Class One of Astral Energetics, we will explore the influences on the specialized field of Astral Healing. We will practice some of the foundational disciplines and mental/emotional training that all magicians must learn. To work with the non-visible Astral inhabitants we will need to develop some specific skills. For instance, we will need to be able to differentiate between the Etheric body and the Astral bodies. We must accept that our own personal development is a significant aspect in any Astral healing skill work we offer others. We can assist our clients fully in their healing process only after we have successfully completed the same initiation they are undergoing for themselves.
Class outline 1/2
There are books on the Astral world, and on chakras, but little is published on working with the Astral world for therapeutic and personal growth as a healer. This is the first class in a short series aimed at healers wishing to expand access (or deepen existing access) into the Astral domains. It is not a course on how scary or evil Astral demons are, and is not only about how to protect yourself; it is about personal development of your auric energy field so as to reveal the hidden Astral world influences, and to learn how to work effectively with them. The intention is that you will gain practical experience so as to become a more effective healer.
Material to be taught:
1. We begin the class with an historical overview of the Astral domains based on classical esoteric sources such as Theosophy, The Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn (e.g. Dion Fortune, Aleister Crowley), and Emanuel Swedenborg). To learn Astral healing we must be aware of the principles and function of esoteric magic, which Aleister Crowley defined as “the science and art of causing change to occur in conformity with will”.
2. Dean will present his practical insights and experience gained by having taught Astral Healing skills at the Barbara Brennan School of Healing for a decade. Dean was the BBSH PS2 Class Dean from 1994-2003, and during that time also served as a Department Head of Teacher Training, and as a Vice President of Barbara Brennan, Inc. Dean has practiced Astral healing in his world-wide private practice with clients from 1992 to the present, in conjunction with advanced chakra cord work.
3. We will explore the importance of Dr. Stylianos Atteshlis (“Daskalos”) as a modern magus, and as healer, and contrast him with a previous magician, Aleister Crowley.
4. Working with the Astral domains and developing a modern-day therapeutic perspective towards it is the core of this class. The emotional content of our Astral body affects the functioning and development of the Etheric (light) body, as well as influencing the challenges we face in the everyday world in which we – and our clients – live. We will explore some of the implications of this, and look at the kind of results we can expect to achieve with Astral healing work.
5. We will discuss the three energy bodies of human beings: Material, Etheric, Astral.
6. What are the important differences between our “Present Personality” and our “Permanent Personality”?
7. We will explore Astral Thought-Forms, and focus on how our Present Personality development is affected by them. We will also look at other Daskalos material on Elementals, Archangel energies, and how he saw their function. Dean will also introduce his own research on the importance of Talu chakra and Bindu chakra.
8. Astral domain inhabitants are sentient (or semi-sentient), non-physical individuals, a more respectful way to approach them rather than the label “astral entities”. We will examine the different types of astral world inhabitants, what they want, and how they strive to get it from us.
9. Astral Doorways: The further development of our Etheric & Astral energy bodies. We will deepen our understanding of the power of symbology, as used by esoteric magical traditions, as explored by Carl Jung, and recently exploited by modern corporate culture in order to sell us products and political ideas.
10. Guided practices: to be done outside of the live class, using mp3 audio recordings you will need to download:
1) Focus the mind guided practice.
2) Moving-mind guided practice.
3) Visual-spatial guided practice.
4) Feeling astral energy in your hands guided practice.
5) Astral “Creation of a Thought-Form” (after Daskalos) guided practice.
6) Clearing Talu chakra and the brain stem of lower astral energies guided practice.
Class outline 2/2
11. The importance of self-examination and the tracking of our personal process. Ethical considerations for Astral healers. Respect towards others – and towards the Astral – as foundational in Astral Energetics.
12. The practical applications of Astral Energetics are:
1) Awakening from our primary immersion in the material body (awakening process of spiritual growth)
2) Increased awareness of the powerful and hidden forces in your personal life, and within society at large. Removal of Astral hindrances speeds up personal and spiritual growth, as well as the healing process.
3) The gaining of increased personal power for aligning to our personal goals and intention, and increased effectiveness as an energy healer (or other helping professional)
4) Practical skill development occurs when we can differentiate between Etheric (pranic) healing skills (the structured elements of the auric energy field, such as the chakras, chakra relational and self-cords, and material body prana support), and Astral energy healing skills.
5) The challenge of coming to terms with evil in the world, and the protective function of our psychological denial mechanisms, is far-reaching and an important step in our species development.
13. Practical and essential Astral hygiene for energy workers.
14. Student questions or comments, sent in over email during the class week (including Off-Line Students).
4: Costs & Dates of Classes.
This class outline is an approximate one, and every effort will be made to cover each item. However, please be aware that time restraints in the class may limit the depth of some course material.
Class participants can submit questions or comments about the material to Dean, during the class week.
US/Canadian East Coast Time Zone Class: 250.00 USD
Each of the three parts of the Astral Energetics Class One will consist of two 90-minute lecture segments, and practical guidance exercises led by Dean. After the live Teleclass ends you can go to Dean’s website and download the mp3 audio practice recordings assigned for that day, and utilize them before the next segment begins..
How to book and pay for your teleclass:
The tuition cost for this teleclass is 250 USD. Please note that the next Astral distance classes are due in 2013, and will now include UStream lectures along with the prerecording material. Please email Dean for the latest information.
© 2013 by Dean Ramsden. All rights reserved.