There are many ways to improve our lives, or to heal from events in our past. For hundreds of years people turned towards religion to give meaning to the events of life, and to find support for the challenges we face in adult life. When traditional religion was not enough we turned to the Shaman or wise person, and sought help from those with more experience of the spiritual world than ourselves. More recently, people have turned towards psychotherapy or hypnotherapy, as secular alternatives, in the hope that by understanding and talking about our personal challenges we will overcome them. So, where does energy healing fit in to personal or spiritual growth?
Energy healing should not be chosen as an alternative for religion, or for traditional psychotherapy. Energy healing has but one mandate: to speed up or enhance an individual’s personal growth, and physical healing process. When a healer interacts with the energy field of another person they should be able to work in the following areas:
- Perceive where a client needs support, or energetic repair, that will lead towards a significant shift in their lives;
- Assess the impact of hidden forces acting upon the client’s energy system (such as Astral, or spirit being, influences) and remove them;
- Support an inner shift of consciousness in the client towards personal growth;
- Help the client tap into under-utilized or hidden inner resources at their disposal;
- Actively energize, or clear, the auric system of the client so as to maximize personal growth or healing. (This can be done at a distance, unlike physical healing methods);
- Become a therapeutic ally on the client’s personal journey towards finding happiness, fulfillment, and good health;
- Enhance the natural physical healing process of the client.
Each healer has their own system they follow, so pay attention to your healer’s speciality or method of working. This is similar to going to your doctor, in that there are general practitioners and there are specialists. In medical healing we often use the services of several professionals in order to fully heal our physical body, and energy healing can be viewed in a similar, practical fashion. There are generalist energy healers, and there are specialists. It will be up to the client to interview their prospective healer, and to help make sure that what is offered is what is needed.
In a similar fashion to medical healing, we may need to try different practitioners until we find someone that fits with our personality, or with our style of personal growth. Narrow your choice to 2-3 healers, and have trial sessions with each of them. The one that works best for you will stand out, and will give you a results that is tangible. Then, you can go deeper into your healing process.
Related Post: How Psychic Healing Works
© 2013 by Dean Ramsden. All rights reserved.