To risk being a psychic human is an act of courage in today’s modern world. The psychic is forced to break ranks with the scientific fundamentalism that assumes we are organic machines only, and that the soul is a primitive superstition. If this fundamentalism gains even more ground over the ancient two-thousand-year-old wisdom traditions that state otherwise, it could prove to be a tragedy for humanity. Should humans come to accept, without question, that they are simply carbon-based organic mechanisms they would become, in essence, androids: bio-mechanical slaves. Unthinkingly accepting the modern scientific world view of reality we are in danger of accepting a slavery-without-chains. We would be supporting a world viewpoint that degrades the deep spiritual core of the human race.
There is another tyranny of which to be cautious: scientific authoritarianism. The scientific expert, we are told, will tell us what is real over that which is primitive. The medical technician will tell us what medication we should take, not the shaman, or the wise woman. Herbal medicine is primitive, science tells us: take Prozac instead. Or Lipitor. We are encouraged to revere the scientist, despite knowing that the ability to create medical drugs or to manufacture advanced computer chips does not equate to an equivalent spiritual or moral development. We should always question any point of view that elevates the technician over the spiritual teacher, materialism over spiritualism, corporatism over tribalism. And, style over substance.
To train in depth to become a psychic helps release the grip of scientific imperialism on our lives, because the moment we deepen our connection to our soul nature we immediately realize we are, fundamentally, free. This realization alone takes us half-way to becoming a psychic human. The rest is just training and practice, done over time.
So, what are the steps to fully developing our psychic nature? If we have accepted that we have a soul, that others have a soul, and that our work on earth is to express our divine nature, how can we develop further?
In my view the first task is to begin to build increased awareness of yourself as an energy being. This does not imply any rejection of your physical nature, but does ask that you take on a physical and energetic personal practice that will charge – and clear – your energy body. Various styles of meditation, guided visualizations, yoga, and martial arts are examples of such private practices. The idea is to learn to shift from a body-centered awareness of self into the energy-body-centered awareness of our true nature.
Secondly, we must activate or further develop those aspects of our psychic nature that are the the building blocks of the psychic. Here’s a list of some essentials:
* Develop your intuition: learn to become aware of hidden forces, within and without.
* Track universal trends and adapt to these greater forces.
* Learn to shift and change habitual mental/emotional patterns in order to enhance your life.
* Commune with the spirit world, and build allies in the Astral realms.
* Gain awareness of the lower astral world and the ambivalent astral beings.
* Encourage the flow of prana between yourself and another, in either active or passive modes.
* Find teachers; put together a series of teacher-helpers who can activate your full potential.
* Release the bonds unconsciously dominating your life, and make new soul choices.
* Create a strong and healthy etheric double.
* Develop your inner eye: Agnya chakra.
* Draw upon the pre-existing wisdom of your soul: the Guru chakra.
* Develop discernment: learn where – and with whom- to invest your precious life force
* Find your life’s work in the world.
© 2013 by Dean Ramsden. All rights reserved.